It’s almost time to leave the USA for my first ever trip abroad!
It’s been a whirlwind of prep work, but the moment is finally here! Getting rid of all my stuff, deciding what I wanted to live on for the next 6 months, moving out of my apartment – it’s all lead to this, the biggest adventure of my life!
We interrupt this blog for a commercial break!
Today we’d like to thank our supporters! Zoom’s friends and family from Ohio and Chicago. Burner friends and family networks. Blog subscribers and fellow travel enthusiasts! I’m so excited to have you along!
Note that this itinerary is just a flexible, inexperienced shot at a plan and is subject to change!
Of course I’ll keep you updated along the way! Click the links for more details on that particular adventure.
Here we go!!
- Arrive Bangkok, Thailand April 23rd, sometime around midnight
- Tuk Tuk my way to my hostel:
- New Road Guest House
Bangkok – Sunday
Bangkok – Monday / Tuesday
- Visit the floating markets
- The The Grand Palace
- Soi Cowboy – night
- Lumpinee Boxing Stadium
Chiang Mai – Arrive Wednesday April 27th – Depart May 2ndish
- The erotic garden
- The Night Bazaar
- Week [or day] with elephants .. undecided now
- Wat Phra Singh
- Traditional Khantoke Dinner and Show
- Misc sightseeing and shenanigans
- The White Castle (not food)
Chiang Saen – May 5th ish – June 5th ish
- Teach english, 4 weeks
Laos – Arrive June 8thish-12th
Vietnam – June 12th ish – July 20th ish
- Two nights
Hoi An June 20-July 20
- Volunteer at cat cafe
- Visit tailor for a dress
Ho Chi Minh
- Galaxy Hotel & Capsule – $8/night with a/c
- Ben Thanh Market
- The Starlight bridge
- Bach Dang, looks like floating markets
Cambodia – August 5th ish – August 20thish
Koh Ta Kiev
- Beautiful island
- Bat Cave – $3 bike ride to the top, bats come out around 6-6:30
- Crocodile farm – couple bucks, accessible by bike
- One hour walk from town, but awesome death site
- Phsar Nath Market
- Angkor Wat
- Pub Street – free to walk around! Go at night.
- Silk workshop, free, close to pub street ^
- Terrace of the leopard king
- Psar Chaa “Old Market” – free to wander!
- The Victory Gate
- Free traditional children’s (by orphans) dance at 6:30 pm, donation based
Bangkok, Thailand August 24- 26th
- Prepping for the trip home
San Francisco, California August 27th
- Hostel / Stay with friends / Couchsurf
- Get supplies for Burning Man
Black rock city, Nevada – August 29th – September 5th
- Burning Man!
- The man gets what’s coming to him!
Reno, Nevada – September 5th
- One good ol’ night at The Sands
Chicago, Illinois – September 6th – September 12th
- Stay with the VBs and chill
- Sushi Para M
- King Spa
- Slideshow party
Dayton, Ohio – September 12th
- Back to real life? Uhh…I think we mean ‘regroup for the next adventure!’
I’m so excited to get going and to have you along with me! If there’s a better way to present this info that would make it easier to digest, I’m all ears!
If you’d like to join me on the adventure,
You can find me on social media:
Or, sign up for my email list using the subscription button on the sidebar – welcome!